Why must I register:
- Registered PIRB plumbers are distinguished in the industry and therefore respected
- Registered PIRB plumbers are recognised and preferred by municipalities, insurance companies and the community
- To be a proud, accountable and professional plumber
- Raise the standard of the plumbing reputation and work within South Africa
- Promote public trust in plumbers and plumbing in South Africa
- Ensuring compliance and industry standards by issuing the PIRB CoC and ensuring professional plumbing practices.
Increasingly more municipalities, local authorities and insurance companies require that any person working on plumbing works within their jurisdiction must be registered with the PIRB. It is illegal for any person who works on plumbing installation if he/she is not a qualified plumber or not working under the adequate supervision of a qualified plumber.
There are numerous people who call themselves plumbers in the South Africa, but sadly not all of these plumbers are competent or properly accredited. Plumbers are vital to sanitation, clean drinking water and the control of diseases within every community. Many of us could not go without the luxuries of hot water and a proper flushing toilet, yet plumbers are held in a very low regard by some people.
This problem is partly caused by the ‘bakkie’ or ‘cowboy‘ trades-person who tarnishes the reputation of professional plumbers, endanger the public health, cause damage to properties via poor installations and have a total disregard for plumbing standards. The problems consumers face in trying to find a competent plumber will only get worse as the shortage of skilled trades-people deepens.
The PIRB believes that Registration will help make the ‘bakkie plumber’ element obsolete, as all persons wanting to be part of the plumbing industry will have to meet certain criteria before being allowed to operate in the industry.
A REGISTERED PIRB PLUMBER IS A RECOGNISED COMPETENT AND PROPERLY ACCREDITED TRADES-PERSON YOU CAN TRUST!