It has come to the PIRB’s attention that plumbers are confused as to when a PIRB Plumbing Certificate of Compliance/CoC should be issued.
Please familiarise yourselves with the guidelines below:
PIRB Plumbing Certificates of Compliance are issued by Licensed Plumbers to certify that their plumbing work complies with all regulatory installations requirements.
A plumbing certificate of compliance will be issued for most plumbing work, including: SANS 10254 – COC now Compulsory:
- Where the total value of work, including materials, labour and VAT, is more than R 1 500.00 (material costs must be included, regardless of whether the materials were supplied by another person)
- The installation or replacement of any Electric Water Heating System
- For every separate installation on a site
- The construction, installation or alteration of any above or below ground sanitary drain; regardless of the cost
- The installation or replacement of any Hot Water Solar Water Heating System
- The installation or replacement of any Heat Pump Water Heating System
- A PIRB Plumbing Certificate of Compliance shall be issued to the relevant owner with five working days of the completion of the said plumbing works. Only a licensed plumber may purchase and issue compliance certificates
- Plumbers are reminded to work the cost of a CoC into their quotation and/or invoice to recover costs of purchasing an Electronic or Paper CoC
Plumbers are also reminded that when signing the PIRB Registration Form, plumbers agree to the PIRB Plumber Code of Conduct, which subsequently reads;
“PIRB registered Licensed plumbers agree to issue a PIRB Plumbing Certificate of Compliance (COC) on all plumbing works undertaken as a PIRB Licensed Plumber and shall further issue the COC in terms of the prescribed requirements for issuing of a PIRB Plumbing COC.”