- SANS 10254:2017 (ED. 4.01)
The installation, maintenance, replacement and repair of fixed electric storage water heating systems
- SANS 10252-1:2018 (Ed. 3.02) AND SANS 10252-2:1993 (Ed. 1.00)
Water supply and drainage for buildings Part 1: Water supply installations for buildings AND Water supply and drainage for buildings Part 2: Drainage installations for buildings
- SANS 10106:2014 (Ed. 4.00)
The installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of domestic solar water heating systems
- SANS 1352:2012 (Ed. 1.00)
The installation, maintenance, replacement and repair of domestic air source water heating heat pump systems
- SANS 1307:2014 (Ed. 5.01)
Domestic storage solar water heating systems
- SANS 10400-A:2016 (Ed. 3.01) A18 (REFER TO PICTURE BELOW THIS POINT)
The application of the National Building Regulations – Part A: General principles and requirements
A18 Control of Plumber and Plumbing Work
- No person shall perform the trade of plumbing as contemplate in Goverment Notice No. R. 18/75 of 31 August 1979 unless he is a trained plumber or works under thw adequate control of a trained plumber or approved competent person.
- where any person who is not a trained plumber has been practising the trade of plumbing and was required in terms of any local authority by-law to register with it before so practising in its area of jurisdiction, he may, if he is so registered, continue to practise in such area or the area of any other local authority if such registration is acceptable to such other local authority.
- No local authority shall, for the purpose of these Regulations, register any person to practise the trade of plumbing after the coming into opertion of the Act.
- Any person not being a trained plumberor not being a person contemplated in sub regulation (2), who practises the trade of plumbing shall be guilty of an offence.
- Any trained plumberWho causes or permits any person who is not a trained plumber or is not a person contemplated in sub regulation (2), to practise the trade of plumber without asequately controlling the work done by such person, shall be guilty of an offence.
Extract is from the National Building Regulations
PIRB ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
All PIRB registered practitioners shall have in their possession the current compulsory SANS Codes of Practice, Building Regulations and Local Water Bylaws documentation for ease of reference.
Copies of these can be purchased/obtained from the South African Bureau of Standards SABS,
Government Printers and Local Authorities.
In addition to the SANS Codes, plumbers will be expected to keep themselves informed on general plumbing industry knowledge as well as the latest developments and news. Plumbers are encouraged to subscribe to industry publications/newsletters/social media platforms etc.